Disclosure: This post contains sponsored links whereby we may receive a commission for any purchases made.
The best retail POS systems for small businesses is a question that many small business owners ask, but the answer might not be as straightforward as you think. Small businesses have different needs and want from their point of sale system, so it’s crucial to find the right one for your unique needs.
This blog post will go over some of the top features that you should look for when shopping around for modern POS systems. Keep reading if you’re ready to dive into what makes up the best retail pos system!
The Best POS System for Small Business
Vend POS System
Vend is a powerful and easy-to-use POS system that can be used for both brick-and-mortar stores and online retail businesses. The iPad platform gives you a sleek, modern feel with all of your store tools right in front for quick access. It offers many features such as loyalty programs, store credit options, layaway tools.
Vend also has offline processing capabilities, so you don’t need an internet connection at all times while running your business! Vend allows businesses to have different types of payment options like PayPal. They can also find the best rates for these payments.
Vend POS Feature
• The use of real-time inventory monitoring
• Unlimited numbers of products and hire as many employees.
• Receipts can be customized for email or print.
• cash management, in general
• Features for cash management, returns, refunds, and store credits.
• Levels of inventory control
• Reports that are easy to customize
• Vend also supports offline usage
• A smartphone dashboard
Vend POS pricing
Though the other programs have no limit to how much money they can spend each month, the Lite plan can only turn over $20000/month. However, if you need more registers though there’s an extra charge for that! It’ll cost $49/mo if you pay per year or $59 with monthly fees. You can choose between the following options:
• Lite plan: It is $99/month if you pay annually and $119/month payments. The lite plan includes all the standard features and small business analytics.
• Pro plan: It’s $129/month if you pay annually and $159/month payments. The pro plan comes with advanced reporting, e-commerce, and features that let you give people a gift card.
• Enterprise plan: Call the Vend support to get this package. This is mainly for advanced features for companies that need more customization.
• 14-day free trial
Square POS System
Whether you’re a solopreneur, small business owner, or restaurant owner, Square has what it takes to innovate and simplify your operations. It is probably the most popular and best POS system in the market. With Square, you can take fast card payments from customers with any tablet or phone. It has a lot of great features. Some examples are instant deposits, inventory tracking, reports and analytics, and many more.
Square POS system is the most affordable retail POS software that comes with several advanced pos features. It has a free POS software option for small businesses, plus it offers three different options to fit your specific business needs.
Square POS is the best customer management and marketing tool in the market.
It’s like a grandparent with all their connections and experience but hasn’t forgotten how to play with kids! At Square, they’re committed to connecting their customers with commerce in ways they’re willing and ready for.
Square POS Features
• Protects your data and helps keep it safe.
• Square is a dashboard for your business. It is suitable for administrative tasks and reduces work like paperwork and billing mistakes.
• It works on iOS, Android, and Square POS hardware.
• The inventory management features and employee management system provides the ability to view, manage, track, and edit items.
• It also gives you the ability to update the number of items in stock.
• It tells you when there are low stocks.
• Square has dual-screen registers for counter-service that costs $799
• Reporting on sales
• Customer relationship management system
• Real-time analytics
• Instagram selling capabilities
• Invoice and electronic gift card options are available.
Square POS Pricing
Square has credit card processing fees. You have to pay 2.6% + $0.10 on the Square terminal and 2.5% + $0.10 on the Square Register, and 2.9% + $0.30 for online transactions.
• Point-of-sale app: No startup or monthly fees (FREE).
• Pro POS plans: $60/month
• Card-present processing fee: 2.6% + 10 cents per transaction
• Card readers: From $49
• Terminals: From $299, payment plans IS interest-free
• 30-day free trial for Pro plans
Shopify POS System
Shopify’s platform is the best choice for retailers who want to sell products across multiple channels. It’s reliable, easy-to-use, and has made online sales easier. Its free POS app makes it possible to make sales anywhere – no matter where you are or how big your store is! If you do not use Shopify Payments, there will be a fee for using another payment provider. It can be from 0.5% to 2%.
The inventory management feature can turn social media followers into customers with Facebook integration and more. Shopify POS Pro gives you comprehensive tools for getting the most from your brick-and-mortar business.
Shopify POS feature
• Record customer data like address and contact details.
• Assigning Quick response (QR) codes
• Inventory management.
• Support multiple locations
• Order and product management
• Free POS app
• Retail and product reports.
• Custom Promo codes and promotional pricing
Shopify POS Pricing
If you’re looking to start an online business, then Shopify might be the perfect platform for your needs. This e-commerce system comes with many features ranging from $29-$299 per month. If your considering building an eCommerce site for your business this can be great.
• Basic Shopify: $29/month; In-person rate is 2.7% and online rate is 2.9% + $0.30
• Shopify: $79/month; In-person rate is 2.5% and online rate is 2.6% + $0.30
• Advanced Shopify: $299/month; In-person rate is 2.4%, and online rate is 2.4% = $0.30
• 14-day free trial
ShopKeep is a cloud-based point of sale system for small retail businesses. It offers many features that make it great at inventory management and gives you greater control over your business’s finances in multiple locations!
ShopKeep POS Feature
• This POS system offers unlimited transactions
• Customers can pay for the product with a text message.
• Staff and customer management
• Bulk inventory facility. There are no limits to the number of items you sell on this website.
• Make sure to keep track of the inventory.
• It provides you with real-time sales data
• Matrix inventory option is a way to keep track of many items.
• The employee management and rewards function
• A report tells you about the sales trends and inventory value.
ShopKeep POS Pricing
To obtain the most fantastic pricing, you should make one annual payment. If you want to get the best price, you should make a yearly payment.
• Basic plan: $49/month; includes real-time sales data on your phone
• Essential: $79/month; includes QuickBooks integration, Mailchimp marketing, and gift card payments.
• Advanced: $179/month; Features includes priority phone support, a hardware bundle, and a loyalty program
• Free trial
eHopper is a new company that offers a low-cost point of sale for people to use when they are running their businesses. They give people access to tools for managing customers and inventory.
eHopper provides small businesses with everything they need without breaking their budget. It also supports cross-platform, so whether you work on Android, tablets, pads, eHpoper will work perfectly. This program lets you pay money, makes reports, organizes your inventory of things you sell and manages the people who work for you.
eHopper POS Features
The Hopper POS system offers four plans to suit any small business needs. If you are looking for an affordable restaurant pos system, give it a try. The features of this company are designed to give you control over how much it costs. All available options allow your customers the option of paying. All the plan has features like:
• Inventory management features
• employee time tracking options
• Customer management
• Print or email receipts
• Orders monitoring
• Tip management
• Reporting options
• Low stock alerts
• QuickBooks integrations
eHopper POS Pricing
• Essential: With the free plan, you can quickly change your inventories, manage customer accounts and make barcode labels for your products.
• Freedom: Regular price $39.99/month; Offer price $14/ month;
• Restaurant: Regular price $49.99/month; Offer price $16/ month;
• OmniChannel: Regular price $69.99/month; Offer price $17/ month;
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What Is a Point of Sale System?
A point of sale system is a type of software that can record and process credit card transactions. A POS solution usually consists of a computer, printer, credit card reader, and cash register. The system may also have an optional touchscreen monitor for customers if they do not want to enter their PIN or swipe their cards manually.
It also provides analytics reports for the retailer to make better decisions about their company’s growth. A POS system allows small business owners to understand better what they sell and how much inventory they have. It also shows customers’ buying habits.
What Does a POS System Include?
Do you want to build a POS system that is custom-fit for your store? You can do so with today’s technology. Technologies such as mobile POS software and tablets make it possible, not just limited to cash registers! Here are some of the most popular hardware options:
• A standalone POS cash register or an iPad system
• Cash drawer
• Receipt printer
• Credit card reader
What Are the Expected Costs of a POS System for a Small Business?
With monthly fees, you also have to purchase hardware and subscriptions for the software that helps run your business efficiently on-site or online. You can find financing or payment plans offered by some providers. This will help with this expense as well as bundle packages so they’re easier on Customers’ budgets who might not be able to afford all these expenses at once. Prices ranges:
• Monthly POS software: Free to $50-150 per month
• Basic hardware bundles: $299 – $1000
• Payment processing: Interchange fee (a tiny percentage of the transaction) + $0.10 to $0.30 per transaction
How To Choose the Best POS Systems for Small Business
The best POS systems for small businesses are those that offer a wide range of features to suit your needs. Many factors are involved, including subscription prices, fees, features, and hardware types available to find the perfect fit without breaking the bank!
However, you will like to pay a monthly fee. There are also fees that come with payment processing fees and hardware fees, too. Ignore those fees.
In this blog post comparison, the top three ranked products include:
- Square Point of Sale system
- Vend Point of Sale Systems
- Shopify POS followed by notable mentions like ShopKeep.
These top POS systems offer great features such as inventory management tools, customizable reports, employee management, and more!
We hope you found this article to be helpful in making a decision on the right system to use in your business. If you found it useful be sure to share it with anyone you think would benefit on social media and following AGR Technology for more updates.
Related content from our blog:
In this blog post comparison, the top three ranked products include:
Square Point of Sale system Vend Point of Sale Systems Shopify POS followed by notable mentions like ShopKeep." } }] }
Alessio Rigoli is the founder of AGR Technology and got his start working in the IT space originally in Education and then in the private sector helping businesses in various industries. Alessio maintains the blog and is interested in a number of different topics emerging and current such as Digital marketing, Software development, Cryptocurrency/Blockchain, Cyber security, Linux and more.
Alessio Rigoli, AGR Technology